Want to learn more about staging?
Here are a few helpful hints that I tell my clients when they decide it’s time to sell!
Be critical of the INTERIOR of your home…….
- Remove all clutter from every room. The buyer wants to see your house, not your stuff!
- Organize your closets and pantries. Cluttered closets and pantries show the buyer that you do not have enough storage. An organized closet or pantry will put that fear to rest.
- Prior to all showings make the house light, bright and airy. Turn on all lights, open all of the blinds and make sure there is an inviting aroma throughout.
- Go ahead and fix any issues that the home inspector may find. This could make your home more valuable to the buyer who might be willing to pay a higher price for a better value.
- Replace air conditioning filters and clean around the central heat/air unit. This will help make the air unit breathe better and the house smell better.
Make sure that the EXTERIOR of your home makes a great first impression…….
- The lawn should be trimmed
- The sidewalks should be edged and swept
- The yard should be cleaned with no debris
- Flower beds should be cleaned out
- Concentrate on the front entry by cleaning and touch up painting
- Sweep and wash exterior, removing cobwebs and any fungus
Realtor Magazine said it best with………